Change of Company Direction
Is your company changing focus with different priorities?
As a manager you may be faced with significant challenges. Your team has been functioning well as a team and delivering to expectations. How do you now explain to them that there will be a major disruption and the team will have new and challenging deliverables. You also are not sure that everyone will have a place in the new team.
There are three aspects of change:
- What is your situation today?
- Where do you want to be?
- How you will get there?
As a leader, you need to understand your desired destination in order to remain sharply focused during the change. This allows you to evaluate your resources continuously and empowers your team to drive change effectively.
Coaching may help identify strengths in your team that you were not aware of and allow you to explore opportunities to take advantage of the change. This gives you access to hidden the potential in your teams and allows you to accelerate performance. The behavioural change of motivated and empowered teams extends and enhances the capacity of the entire organisation.
Some reasons to consider Organisational Coaching
- An individual or team might choose to work with a coach for many reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- Something urgent, compelling or exciting is at stake (a challenge, stretch goal or opportunity)
- A gap exists in knowledge, skills, confidence or resources
- A desire to accelerate results
- A lack of clarity with choices to be made
- Success has started to become problematic
- Work and life are out of balance, creating unwanted consequences
- Core strengths need to be identified, along with how best to leverage them
- What is Professional Coaching
- Provides objective assessment and observations that foster the individual’s or team’s self-awareness and awareness of others
- Listens closely to fully understand the individual’s or team’s circumstances
- Acts as a sounding board in exploring possibilities and implementing thoughtful planning and decision making
- Champions opportunities and potential, encouraging stretch and challenge commensurate with personal strengths and aspirations
- Fosters shifts in thinking that reveal fresh perspectives
- Challenges blind spots to illuminate new possibilities and support the creation of alternative scenarios
- Maintains professional boundaries in the coaching relationship, including confidentiality, and adheres to the coaching profession’s code of ethics
- Creates the coaching agenda based on personally meaningful coaching goals
- Uses assessment and observations to enhance self-awareness and awareness of others
- Envisions personal and/or organisational success
- Assumes full responsibility for personal decisions and actions
- Utilises the coaching process to promote possibility thinking and fresh perspectives
- Takes courageous action in alignment with personal goals and aspirations
- Engages big-picture thinking and problem-solving skills
- Takes the tools, concepts, models and principles provided by the coach and engages in effective forward actions
How is Coaching Delivered
Coaching typically begins with a initial complementary ‘meet and greet’ (either face-to-face or by teleconference call) to assess the individual’s or business’ current opportunities and challenges, identify priorities for action and establish specific desired outcomes.
Subsequent coaching sessions are conducted in person, by video link or by telephone, normally for one hour and set between two and four weeks apart, the timing being flexible to suit your schedule. Between scheduled coaching sessions, the individual may be asked to complete specific actions that support the achievement of one’s personally prioritised goals. The duration of the coaching relationship varies depending on needs and preferences.
Nova Mentis provides change of company direction coaching services to businesses and individuals throughout the Hills District, including areas such as Castle Hill, Norwest, Rouse Hill, Bella Vista, Kellyville, Baulkham Hills and Dural. As well as offering these services to the Hills District, we’re also able to offer these services to businesses and individuals Sydney-wide. We also understand that many businesses have changed the way that they operate recently, which can make it difficult for face-to-face engagements. That’s why we can also conduct our change of company direction coaching services through a number of video conferencing platforms, including Skype, Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
The Outcomes of Coaching May Include
- Acceleration of personal and professional growth based on self-initiated change
- Improved personal skills: leadership, communication, motivating, delegating, time management
- Achieving goals in ways that were not obvious initially
- Becoming aware of experience and leveraging it to help achieve goals
- Building better relationships by improving self-awareness and awareness of others